Student Organization Resource Team Member- Members will...
● Represent the University’s student organizations and act as primary resource for students seeking information on student organizations including starting a new organization, liability information, funding information, etc.
● Represent student organization categories (Service, Music/Performing Arts, Political, etc...) to act as a contact person for those organizations and disseminate relevant information to them.
● Maintain working knowledge of the following content areas, as related to student organizations:
Ø Finance, Risk Management, Public Relations, Diversity Training, External Relations, Fundraising, Program Planning, Membership, or Organizational Operations.
● Provide feedback on student organization policies and regulations regarding clarity, student accessibility, and transparency to the Union and Student Activities staff.
● Work with the Program Coordinator for Student Organizations to build and expand the quality of programs and services offered to student organizations and their advisors.
The Office of Student Activities supports students, faculty, and staff through programs and services in a variety of areas including Student Organizations, Leadership Development, Service Opportunities, Programming, New Student Programs, and the Center for Arts and Crafts. We strive to enhance the out-of-classroom experience for students. In addition to these areas, there are several affiliate groups associated with the Office of Student Activities such as THON, Homecoming, Student Engaging Students (SES), and The Student Programming Association (SPA).
Student Activities Values Statement
Exploration - we support individuals through the process of discovering knowledge about themselves, others, and the world.
Responsibility - we challenge individuals to uphold shared expectations and recognize how their decisions impact others.
Innovation - we embrace creativity while honoring tradition.
Collaboration - we share information, resources, and ideas in a mutually beneficial way.
Leadership - we empower individuals to serve and to inspire others for the betterment of a community.
Integrity - we encourage individuals to live in a way that is consistent with their values and beliefs.